Pegram Hall is named in honor of Oleona Pegram, who married university founder Dr. Simon Green Atkins in 1889. Mrs. Atkins was educated as a teacher at Scotia Woman’s College in Concord, NC and Fisk University in Nashville, TN. She played a key role in the development of Columbian Heights and in the administration of the university in its early days.
The building is currently vacant. Planned renovations are pending funding allocations.