Blair Hall was built in 1938, and named in honor of Mr. William A. Blair, a former member of the WSSU Board of Trustees and a loyal supporter of the university. The building is home to a number of administrative departments. The first floor houses the offices of Finance and Administration, Faculty Affairs, EEO/AA, Disability Services, Legal Affairs, and External Affairs.
The Offices of the Chancellor, Chief of Staff, Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, Assistant Provost for Planning and Administration, and Chief Communications Officer of Integrated Marketing and Communications are located on the second floor.
The offices for University Advancement, University Events, Annual Fund, and the Winston-Salem State University Foundation, Inc. can be found on the third floor.